The U.B. Foundation
evaluates and shortlists research papers submitted to EDEN’s annual conference and EDEN’s research workshop and brings together a Jury to select the winner of EDEN’s Best Research Paper Award http://www.eden-online.org/publications/best-research-papers.html [PDF]
awards the Students’ & Young Researchers’ Grant of 600,00 Euro to make an allowance for the participation at EDEN’s bi-annual Research Workshop:
- At the 10th EDEN Research Workshop in Barcelona. 24.-26. Oktober 2018 four conference paper submissions were accepted for presentation:
1. “SCHOLARS’ CHANGING SOCIAL MEDIA USE: IMPLICATIONS FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING IN HIGHER EDUCATION” by George Veletsianos, Royal Roads University, Canada, Nicole Johnson, Open University of Catalonia, Spain, Olga Belikov, Brigham Young University, USA.
PhD students Nicole Johnson and Olga Belikov shared the grant.
2. “UNDERSTANDING MEDIA USAGE PATTERNS OF STUDENTS AND FACULTY VIA A MEDIA ACCEPTANCE APPROACH: A CASE OF A MULTI-CAMPUS UNIVERSITY IN GHANA” by Frank Senyo Loglo, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Germany; Selorm Agbleze, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark.
3. “MOODY MOOCS: AN EXPLORATION OF EMOTION IN AN LMOOC” by Elaine Beirne, Dublin City University, Conchúr Mac Lochlainn, Dublin City University, Mairéad Nic Giolla Mhichíl, Dublin City University, Ireland.
PhD students Elaine Beirne and Conchúr Mac Lochlainn shared the grant.
4. “LEARNING ECOLOGIES ORIENTED TO THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF UNIVERSITY TEACHERS” by Mercedes González-Sanmamed, Universidade de A Coruña, Albert Sangrà Morer, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Alba Souto-Seijo, Universidade de A Coruña, Francisco Santos Camaño, Universidade de A Coruña, Iris Estévez Blanco, Universidade de A Coruña, Spain.
PhD students Alba Souto-Seijo, Francisco Santos Caamaño, and Iris Estévez Blanco shared the grant.
- At the 9th EDEN Research Workshop in Oldenburg 4.-6.10.2016 four conference paper submission were accepted for presentation:
„Use of moocs in traditional classroom: blended learning approach“; by Antonia Bralic, Faculty of Organization and Informatics, University of Zagreb, Croatia.
„Towards a Framework for Virtual Internationalization “ by Elisa Bruhn,E ducational Management, Carl von Osseitzky University of Oldenburg, Germany.
„Investigating the Effectiveness of the ‘Online Learner Profiling Questionnaire’ in Generating a Profile of Learners Based on Learner Dispositions: A Pilot Study“ by Shaiffadzillah Omarali, University of Manchester, UK.
“Integration of Learning Analytics in Blended Learning Course at a University of Technology“ by Kristie Naidoo, Institute of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, University of South Africa (UNISA).
- At the 8th EDEN Research Workshop in Oxford, UK the 600-Euro grant was awarded for the first time on October 28t in 2014 for the conference paper on “ARE THEY READY?” EXPLORING (NON-TRADITIONAL) STUDENTS’ SELF-DIRECTED LEARNING READINESS AND THEIR ACCEPTANCE OF E-LEARNING TOOL” by Stefanie Brunner, Svenja Bedenlier, Joachim Stöter, and Günter Hohlfeld, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg.(http://www.eden-online.org/2014_oxford/detailed-programme/28-october-2014-tuesday.html). The grant was shared by Stefanie Brunner, Svenja Bedenlier, and Joachim Stöter.